Voting for the District 1 School Board seat will take place during the general election on November 6, 2012. Key dates and other information:
- Voters may cast their ballots by mail or in person at their local polling places.
- Use Alameda County’s My Voter Profile look-up to locate your polling place.
- The last day to register to vote in the election is Oct. 22, 2012. How to register »
- Early Voting begins on Monday, Oct. 8, 2012
- The last day to request a Vote By Mail Ballot is Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012
District 1 is in north Oakland, extending east from Emeryville to the Contra Costa County line, and south from the Berkeley border to MacArthur Boulevard, Moraga Avenue, Broadway Terrace and Pinehaven Road. Use the City of Oakland’s City Council District Locator find out if an address is included in District 1.
Public schools in District 1 include Kaiser Elementary, Hillcrest Elementary, Chabot Elementary, Piedmont Avenue Elementary, Emerson Elementary , Peralta Elementary, Sankofa Academy, Santa Fe Elementary, Claremont Middle School, Oakland Technical High School, and Oakland International High School.
- Piedmont Avenue
- Golden Gate
- Hiller Highlands
- Colby Park
- Fairview Park
- North Hills
- Claremont Canyon
- Panoramic Hill