The campaign to re-elect Jody London to the Oakland School Board welcomes contributions of time and money from anyone who wants to get involved. Here are a some of the ways you can help:
- Endorse Jody London for School Board: Add your name to the list of supporters who have endorsed Director London’s re-election campaign by sending an email to email@example.com with your name and any other information you’d like to share about yourself.
- Step up as a volunteer: Jody will need people to help with community outreach, canvassing, distribution of yard signs and other tasks. If you’d like to add your name to the list of volunteers, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Talk to your friends and neighbors: School board elections are all about community, and we encourage all voters to share their views about the issues that affect Oakland public schools. Visit the Policy Objectives page of this Web site to learn more about Director London’s accomplishments and goals for the Oakland Unified School District.
- Host a house party: House parties are a great way for people to meet the candidate and discuss real issues in a small group setting. To learn more about what’s involved, email email@example.com.
- Donate to the campaign: Your donation of up to $700 per person will help to pay for printed materials, yard signs and other forms of voter outreach. See instructions below:
How to Make a Contribution
Donate Online Using PayPal: Select one of the recommended contribution amounts from the menu below and click the yellow “Donate” button to open a PayPal form where you may complete your transaction using a credit card or PayPal account. All campaign donors are required by law to submit their full name, occupation and employer (if any).
Donate By check: Download and print out the Campaign Contribution Form [PDF format]. Fill in all of the required information and mail it with a check for the appropriate amount to Friends of Jody London for Oakland School Board 2012, 480 Hardy Street, Oakland, CA 94618.
Oakland campaign finance laws limit contributions to $700 per person per election cycle. Spouses may contribute $1,400 per election cycle, but each spouse must write a separate check for no more than $700 each. You may not legally contribute if you are a foreign national without permanent residence in the United States. Contributions are not tax deductible.
The Oakland Campaign Reform Act limits campaign contributions by all persons (OMC §§3.12.050 and 3.12.060) and prohibits contributions during specified time periods from contractors doing business with the City of Oakland or the Oakland Unified School District (OMC §3.12.140 paragraphs A, B and C.)